Professor, Institute of Wildlife Conservation; Director, Pingtung Rescue Center for Endangered Wild Animals, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology
- Bachelor, Department. of Biology, Fu-Jen University, Taipei, Taiwan (1981)
- Master, College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA (1986)
- Ph.D., School of Forest, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, USA (1990)
- Wildlife population ecology, management and conservation
- Human dimension on wildlife conservation
- Wildlife research methodology
Present positions and contributions:
Publications: 48 journal articles.
- Professor, Institute of Wildlife Conservation, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology.
- Joint Professor, Graduate Institute of Bioresources, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung, Taiwan
- Faculty Affiliate, Wildlife Biology Faculty and the Organismal Biology and Ecology Faculty in the Division of Biological Sciences, University of Montana, Missoula, USA.
- Director, Pingtung Rescue Center for Endangered Wild Animals.
- Executive Board Member, Taiwanese Mammalogy Society.
- Invited Member, the Wildlife Health, the Wild Pig and the Deer Specialist Groups, Species Survival Commission (SSC), International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN).
- Executive Board Member, Endangered Asian Species Trust (EAST).